We would like to introduce ourselves as Tanna Sreekumar & Co., Certified Public Accountants in Practice (CPP) and would like to give our brief profile as follows:
- Tanna Sreekumar & Co, (previously known as Tanna Somaiya & Co) was established in Tanzania in 1945.
- We are spearheaded by two partners, Mr. B. K. Tanna as the Senior Partner and Mr. B. S. Sree Kumar as the Managing Partner.
- With a cumulative audit experience of more than half a century, our expertise in the field of auditing and the quality of the services has been ever increasing. This can be gauged from the following facts:
- We have got more than 400 clients
- We audit the financial statements for organizations from the following segments of businesses:
- Service Industry
- Hotel and Hospitality
- Banking Services
- Diamond Mining
- Agriculture and harvesting
- World bank funded projects
- Shipping lines
- NGOs and Charitable Organizations
- Fresh water and sewerage service provider
- Earth moving equipments and service provider
M/s Unique Financial Services Ltd. - a leading Management Consultancy company;
Morison International (MI) - ranked among top 20 International Accountants and Auditors in the world;
Law Associates - a firm of Advocates, Notaries Public and Commissioners for Oaths based in Dar es Salaam;
Unique Academy Ltd. - leading IT education service provider.
- 1945 - Established as a Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice.
- 1981 to 1998 - The correspondent firm of Price Waterhouse (as then known) for a period of 17 years.
- 2003 - Got the accreditation from the Central Bank of Tanzania known as Bank Of Tanzania (BOT) to perform the attest function of auditing the financial statements of Banking and Financial Institutions established in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- 2004 - Became an Independent Member of Morrison International (MI) having its head quarters in London, UK. MI has been ranked as one of the top 20 International Accountants and Auditors. MI is spread in more than 80 countries with more than 350 offices, 1008 partners, 5598 professional staff and a growth rate of 22%. More information can be obtained on www.morisoninternational.com
- 2004 - Took over Patel, Shah and Joshi, Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice, one of the oldest audit firms in the whole of East Africa with a clientele of more than 200.
- The partners have got the accreditation from the Tanzania Revenue Authorities (TRA) and are certified to do all kinds of tax audits and tax consultancy.
- 2007 - Registered by the World Bank as the World Bank Group Vendor which entitles us to bid for any of the project of the World Bank
- 2007 - Selected and enrolled by the Controller and Auditor General (CAG) of Tanzania as an authorized Auditor for auditing the financial statements of various Governmental and parastatal organizations.
- The partners are very well known in the business market as well as the professional circle due to the contribution that they have been making in raising the standard of the Accountancy profession in the country.
- Mr. Tanna, an FCA (England and Wales), FCPA and Finst D., was till recently the Vice-Chairman of National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA), the apex body governing the Auditing Profession in Tanzania.
- He was also a member of the Executive Committee of NBAA and the past Chairman of the Tanzania Association of Accountants (TAA).
- Mr. B.S. Sree Kumar, a Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, and holds a bachelor of Commerce Degree from the University of Kerala apart from being registered as a Certified Public Accountant in Public Practice with the National Board of Accountant and Auditors, Tanzania.
- Mr. B.S. Sree Kumar is a Member of the Education and Publication Committee of the National Board of Accountants and Auditors.
- He is also the Executive Director of M/s Unique Financial Services Ltd., a leading Management Consultancy company in Tanzania.
- Visiting professor at the faculty of law, University of Dar es Salaam.